Summer or winter, I always need help drinking water. It’s not my favourite. In order to get as much water as I can, I like to mix in some fresh herbs or fruit!
1. Watermelon mint
- Dice some watermelon. Muttle some mint. Combine with ice and water. Shake or stir and enjoy!
2. Blueberry Rosemary
- I like frozen blueberries. I muttle the blueberries and add a sprig or two or Rosemary. Shake or stir with ice and water 🙂
- Option: sweeten with agave
3. Lavender Lemon
- I use dried lavender beads but fresh would be great! Muttle with lemon flesh. Sweeten with honey or agave if you’d like. Shake or stir with water and ice! 🙂
4. Mint Lime
- Muttle some mojito mint with lime flesh. Shake or stir with ice. Add a lime wedge for show. This works awesome with soda!
Those are a few of my favourites and some ingredients I usually stock in my kitchen/greenhouse. You can add anything. It’s fun to get creative. I love having some kind of beverage on me all the time (lol) so this is a fun way to get flavour and water!
It’s getting close to that time again when weekends are filled with holiday festivities and more drinks amd treats. Now, you’ve been working SO hard this year to make a point of good health and consistent fitness, you don’t want to throw that away for a holiday party do you? (I know you don’t 😉).
1. Substitute. Try this for that. A desert or some fresh fruit. Salad over bread. Have a vodka soda over a beer or sugary cocktail.
2. Portion control / moderation / balance. Whatever you want to call it… you can have just a little bit. 1 square instead of the whole tray. 😂😉
3. Bring the healthy snack! If you’re worried about snacking, bring a vege plate or scour Pinterest for some simple, healthy recipes.
4. Make exercise/activity a non-negotiable. Set aside at least 30 minutes each day to be active.
5. Start a fit challenge with your friends! Invite them to a step challenge, or a workout challenge. Aka TAKE INITIATIVE.
6. Understand that you will make sacrifices. BUT, as a piece of perspective…you’ve been working out the last few months, you’re sacrificing your hard work by eating shit, over drinking and over indulging.
I know most people cringe when the phrase ‘meal prep’ is mentioned. Ive really started loving my food prep time. I’m not a natural cook, but this gives me a good opportunity to be a little creative, and to take care of my family for the week.
I’ve chosen Sunday’s and Wednesday’s for my food prep nights. Tonight I premade turkey meatballs and put them in lettuce wraps to go.
Ground turkey, chilli peppers, rolled oats, chopped onions, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, soya sauce, garlic
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, preheat over to 400.
Roll meat into balls and line on baking sheet
Cook for around 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Pick a nice big leafy green
Sautée peppers and onions for 3-5 minutes
Add vege to lettuce
Add meatball and cover with spicy Thai sauce
*on the side you can also add pico and cheese (that’s what I did) 😊😊