Ok ok…it’s the weekend and let’s be real, a lot of us let things slide a little Friday-Sunday and pay for it Monday. If you know me you know I CONSTANTLY (probably obnoxiously) stress improving your health and fitness through LIFESTYLE adjustments. And lifestyles don’t take a break on the weekend 😊 Super sorry!
So, how can we stay on track over the weekend. The key to success is BALANCE. This goes for every day, some of us can go balls to he walls with our nutrition and fitness and maintain it, but that isn’t sustainable for most. You need to treat yo self, you need rest days, and most importantly you need to listen to your body…within reason. 😉
So here we go…
1. Stick to your workout program. This is crucial and makes your weekday transition smoother. (Is that a word? 😂) whether you trade it for a hike, a run or you stick to your regular plan…I don’t care, make it happen!
2. Stick with your 5 meals a day, maybe give yourself a little break and splurge on a meal. But NEVER GO TO PARTIES UNFED AND HUNGRY. unless it’s a dinner party…but choose wisely..we all know we fill up on appies before dinner.
3. Get plenty of sleep! It’s so important guys! I want you to start every day fresh and rejuvenated!
4. If you’re eating out, eat your salad before your burger, or your veges before your steak. Make sure you are filling up on the nutrients you need first 😊
5. Don’t drink pop. If you like to mix alcohol with soda, try trading it for club soda with a splash of ________. This will help keep those sugary kcals down.
6. Share your lifestyle with others. If you’ve been to a party of mine you’ll know when I’m watching my diet. I’ll make you healthy dips, and offer veges. Having others sharing your experience helps keep you accountable and HEY, maybe it will inspire your peers to eat a little healthier too! (Disclaimer, I have the healthiest friends, they keep me honest).
7. Have a productive Sunday! Get outside, get shit done, and start planning for your week ahead. Consistency is key, which means your health doesn’t take a break because it’s lazy Sunday. Plan your weeks meals and workouts to keep you organized until next Sunday!
8. Shift your mindset. Treat Sunday like the first day of the week, not the last. This gives your brain a prep day!
9. Work smarter not harder. Delegate your chores throughout the week so that you don’t end up with a huge, miserable to do list for the weekend. Easy. Create some ‘me time.’
10. Stop procrastinating. We can all sit around and say we’ll start Monday, but that’s bullshit…you should have started last week. Don’t make excuses, make time. It is the TRUTH that we make time for what we want to, so make time for your fitness and for fuelling your body right.