It’s getting close to that time again when weekends are filled with holiday festivities and more drinks amd treats. Now, you’ve been working SO hard this year to make a point of good health and consistent fitness, you don’t want to throw that away for a holiday party do you? (I know you don’t 😉).
1. Substitute. Try this for that. A desert or some fresh fruit. Salad over bread. Have a vodka soda over a beer or sugary cocktail.
2. Portion control / moderation / balance. Whatever you want to call it… you can have just a little bit. 1 square instead of the whole tray. 😂😉
3. Bring the healthy snack! If you’re worried about snacking, bring a vege plate or scour Pinterest for some simple, healthy recipes.
4. Make exercise/activity a non-negotiable. Set aside at least 30 minutes each day to be active.
5. Start a fit challenge with your friends! Invite them to a step challenge, or a workout challenge. Aka TAKE INITIATIVE.
6. Understand that you will make sacrifices. BUT, as a piece of perspective…you’ve been working out the last few months, you’re sacrificing your hard work by eating shit, over drinking and over indulging.
Happy Monday friends!
I’ve decided to start partaking in motivation Monday as a place to get organized and jazzed for the week! With winter here daylight hours are short and we are slammed with holiday activities and festivities. It’s the easiest way to forget about our own wellness and fitness.
So, the question is…what will motivate you each week?
A lot of the time, remembering why I care for my body is my best motivation. Sometimes this changes, but being clear on WHY keeps me accountable. Right now my why is to be healthy and balanced. This has changed after getting pregnant. My goal is to be the healthiest home for baby G as possible.
But what does it mean for you? Maybe you’re in the same boat as me, or maybe you have kids and you want to enjoy playing with them more. Or maybe it’s for the jeans hidden in the back of the closet you’d like to wear again. Whatever it may be….make sure you know what’s driving you to care for your body.
so now you know why, what’s going to get you there every workout?
- Post your why somewhere visible to remind you
- Plan your weeks workouts and post them in your house, or online for accountability
- Set out your workout clothes the night before
- Connect with others in the same boat
- Do activities you love! If you don’t like going to the gym, go running or take on at home program etc.
“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today”
Lastly, the most importantly part, just get moving. Whether it’s 10 minutes or 60 minutes, you have to start somewhere and you have to start at some point. Instead of putting it off another day, just start NOW! You can do it 😊 Don’t cut yourself short.